- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Take A-96, follow the signs to Lindau, and 20 km (12 mi) west of Munich take the exit for Herrsching, the lake's principal town.
Herrsching is also the end of the S-bahn 8 suburban line, a 47-minute ride from Munich's Marienplatz. From the Herrsching train station, Bus 952 runs north along the lake, and Bus 951 runs south and continues on to Starnberg in a 40-minute journey.
Getting around by boat is the best way to visit. Each town on the lake has an Anlegestelle (pier).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe