Ice-Skating in Munich
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Global warming permitting, there's outdoor skating on the lake in the Englischer Garten and on the Nymphenburger Canal in winter. Watch out for signs reading "gefahr" (danger), warning you of thin ice.
Karlsplatz. In winter the fountain on Karlsplatz is turned into a public rink with music and an outdoor bar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Munich From 585 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book the Novotel Muenchen Airport 3 Nts in May Fr $157+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Munich Hotels Fr $123+/Nt Travelocity
- Dream Deal: Treff Munchen City Centre 4 Nts + Air Fr $1321 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 8 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $2,669 Expedia