Ice-Skating in Munich
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Global warming permitting, there's outdoor skating on the lake in the Englischer Garten and on the Nymphenburger Canal in winter. Watch out for signs reading "gefahr" (danger), warning you of thin ice.
Karlsplatz. In winter the fountain on Karlsplatz is turned into a public rink with music and an outdoor bar. Karlsplatz, Munich.
Eissportstadion. The Eissportstadion in Olympiapark has an indoor rink. Spiridon-Louis-Ring 3, Schwabing, Munich. 089/3077–9452. www.olympiapark.de.
Eisbahn West. In the west of Munich is another outdoor rink, the Eisbahn West—open from October each year until spring. Agnes-Bernauer-Str. 241, Pasing-Obermenzing, Munich, 81241. 089/8968–9007.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's