Beautiful ceilings painted with vine motifs, exposed beams, wooden wainscotting and an old tile stove make for a gemütlich (cozy) atmosphere. This small restaurant fills up fast, not least because of the Swabian cooking, including the region's signature maultaschen (filled pasta pockets). The chef makes sure the ingredients are from the region, including the inn's namesake, trout, often served as French-style almondine. Save room for dessert, especially the housemade Schwäbische Apfelküchle (Schwabian applecake) with vanilla sauce.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's