Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley Sights

Advertisement

Guidebooks

Alte Aula (Old Auditorium)

Alte Aula (Old Auditorium) Review

Erected in 1547, the half-timber university building was significantly altered in 1777, when it acquired an Italian roof, a symmetrical facade, and a balcony decorated with two crossed scepters, symbolizing the town's center of learning. In earlier times grain was stored under the roof as part of the professors' salaries.

    Contact Information

  • Address: Münzg., Tübingen, 72070 | Map It
  • Location: Tübingen
Updated: 11-15-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

View more trip reports

· News & Features

View more blog stories