- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Coming from the hustle and bustle of Heidelberg, you'll be pleased to discover that the hamlet of Neckargemünd is a quiet place where you can relax by the Neckar River and watch the ships go by. The town makes a good base from which to visit Heidelberg. Leave the car here and enjoy the 10-minute ride by bus or train.
Elsewhere in Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe