- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Heidelberg is 15 minutes away from Mannheim, where four ICE trains and five Autobahn routes meet. Everything in town may be reached on foot. A funicular takes you up to the castle and Heidelberg's Königstuhl Mountain, and a streetcar takes you from the center of the city to the main station. From April through October there are daily walking tours of Heidelberg in German (Friday and Saturday also in English) at 10:30 am; from November through March, tours are in German only, Friday at 2:30 and Saturday at 10:30; the cost is €7. They depart from the main entrance to the Rathaus (Town Hall). Bilingual bus tours run April through October on Thursday and Friday at 1:30 and on Saturday at 1:30 and 3. From November through March, bus tours depart Saturday at 1:30. They cost €17 and depart from Universitätsplatz.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's