Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Heidelberg Castle: The architectural highlight of the region's most beautiful castle is the Renaissance courtyard—harmonious, graceful, and ornate.
Heidelberg's Alte Brücke: After a walk under the twin towers that were part of medieval Heidelberg's fortifications, you have the best view of the city and the castle.
Burg Hornberg: With its oldest parts dating from the 12th century, this is one of the best of more than a dozen castles between Heidelberg and Stuttgart.
Stuttgart's museums: Top art galleries like the Staatsgalerie or the Kunstmuseum contrast with the Mercedes and Porsche museums, where the history of the auto mobil is illustrated by classic cars, from posh limousines to sleek racing cars.
Tübingen Altstadt: With its half-timber houses, winding alleyways, and hilltop setting overlooking the Neckar, Tübingen is the quintessential German experience.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's