- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hamburg Airport is 5 mi northwest of the city. The S1 line runs about every 10 minutes from the airport to Downtown Hamburg on its way to Altona. Including a small pause at Ohlsdorf station, where the train hitches up with another, it takes 25 minutes to get to central Hamburg. Tickets are €2.75. A taxi to the Downtown area will cost about €20. If you're driving a rental car from the airport, follow the signs to Centrum (Downtown). There is an Edeka supermarket on the arrivals level between Terminal 1 and 2. It's a bit smaller than a full-size German supermarket and the prices are a bit higher than they would be in town. However, it is a great place to pick up some snacks or drinks for your hotel room or a meal for an extended journey.
Hamburg Airport. Flughafenstr. 1–3, Hamburg, 22335. 040/50750. www.airport.de.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's