Sights & Attractions in Hamburg
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hamburg's most important attractions stretch between the Alster lakes to the north and the harbor and Elbe River to the south. This area consists of four distinct quarters. St. Georg is the cultural district with a gay and lesbian presence around the Hamburger Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). The historic Altstadt (Old City) clusters near the harbor and surrounds the Rathaus (Town Hall). West of the Altstadt is Neustadt (New City). The shabby but thrilling neighborhood of St. Pauli includes the Reeperbahn, a strip of dance clubs, bars, and strip clubs.
Browse Hamburg Sights
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's