- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
There is no other restaurant in town that better embodies Hamburg's international spirit and its lust for style, entertainment, and good seafood. This former jazz club, now elegantly decorated with black oak floors, leather seats, and redbrick walls, hosts a mix of hip guests. New Zealand lamb, Angus steak, spiced-up regional fish dishes, and exotic soups are the order of the day.
- Address: Fischmarkt 28–32, St. Pauli, Hamburg, 20359 | Map It
- Phone: 040/892–760
- Website: www.river-kasematten.de
- U-bahn: Fischmarkt (Bus 112), Reeperbahn (S-bahn).
- Location: St. Pauli and the Reeperbahn
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Mon.–Sat. Closed Mon.–Wed.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I attended the opening of the Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt yesterday evening. Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United... Read more
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging... Read more