This is one of the most popular restaurants in the hip Karolinenviertel (called "Karo-Viertel" by Hamburgers). It serves wild flavors like Thunfisch-Mangostapel mit Grüne Tomatenmarmelade, Pak Choi und Jasminreis (a tower of tuna and mango with green-tomato chutney served with bok choi and jasmine rice) along with more traditional German fare such as Wiener schnitzel and Bratkartoffeln (fried potatoes). For lunch, order the two-course lunch menu (€20) or the pasta special for €9. In summer, try to get a table in the small garden under the pergola and sample vintages from the restaurant's own wine store.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
3 days spent in Berlin before starting Germany tour . . . trip report has pictures but they don't seem to copy and paste into the repo... Read more
During May, my husband and I went to Germany and Switzerland for our 5th wedding anniversary. We left on 5/14 and flew home on 5/23. ... Read more