- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
St. Jacobi Kirche (St. James's Church)
St. Jacobi Kirche (St. James's Church) Review
This 15th-century church was almost completely destroyed during World War II. Only the interiors survived, and reconstruction was completed in 1963. The interior is not to be missed—it houses such treasures as a massive baroque organ and three Gothic altars from the 15th and 16th centuries.
- Address: Jacobikirchhof 22, at Steinstr. Altstadt, Hamburg, 20095 | Map It
- Phone: 040/303–7370
- Hours: Apr.–Sept., Mon.–Sat. 10–5, Sun. after service; Oct.–Mar., Mon.–Sat. 11–5, Sun. after service. German guided tours: 1st Sat. at 2 and 3; 3rd Fri. at 12:30. English guided tours available on request by emailing ahead of time.
- Website: www.jacobus.de
- U-bahn: Rathaus (U-bahn), Jungfernstieg (U-bahn/S-bahn).
- Location: Downtown Hamburg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
We will be staying in Cochem ( at the Villa Villeum) May 29 and 30- realizing it is a German holiday - do we need to make a reservation for the boat trip on the Rhine? Read more
· News & Features
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United ... Read more
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging... Read more