- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station)
Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station) Review
This central train station's cast-iron-and-glass architecture evokes the grandiose self-confidence of imperial Germany. The chief feature of the enormous 680-foot-long structure is its 446-foot-wide glazed roof. One of the largest structures of its kind in Europe, it's remarkably spacious and bright inside. Though completed in 1906 and having gone through many modernizations, it continues to have tremendous architectural impact. Today it sees a heavy volume of international, national, and suburban rail traffic.
- Address: Steintorpl., St. Georg, Hamburg, 20095
- U-bahn: Hauptbahnhof (U-bahn).
- Location: Altstadt
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Early in 2014, DH learned that he might be making several overseas business trips in the next few months; we decided if one was during my March week-long break from teaching and we could get a seat with Read more
I may visit the Tatras mountain area in July, with teenagers who may not be in top condition. Read more
· News & Features
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United ... Read more
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging... Read more