- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station)
Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station) Review
This central train station's cast-iron-and-glass architecture evokes the grandiose self-confidence of imperial Germany. The chief feature of the enormous 680-foot-long structure is its 446-foot-wide glazed roof. One of the largest structures of its kind in Europe, it's remarkably spacious and bright inside. Though completed in 1906 and having gone through many modernizations, it continues to have tremendous architectural impact. Today it sees a heavy volume of international, national, and suburban rail traffic.
- Address: Steintorpl., St. Georg, Hamburg, 20095
- U-bahn: Hauptbahnhof (U-bahn).
- Location: Downtown Hamburg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
We will be staying in Cochem ( at the Villa Villeum) May 29 and 30- realizing it is a German holiday - do we need to make a reservation for the boat trip on the Rhine? Read more
· News & Features
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United ... Read more
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging... Read more