- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Landungsbrücken (Piers) Review
A visit to the port is not complete without a tour of one of the most modern and efficient harbors in the world. There's usually a breeze in Germany's largest port, so dress accordingly. Barge tours of the harbor leave from the main passenger terminal, along with a whole range of ferries and barges heading to other destinations in the North Sea. Hamburgers and tourists flock to the area because of the port, the view, souvenir stores, and the variety of snack and ice cream shops.
Rickmer Rickmers. Rickmer Rickmers, an 1896 sailing ship that once traveled as far as Cape Town, is open to visitors and is docked at Pier 1. St. Pauli Landungsbrücken Ponton 1a, 20359. 040/319-5959. www.rickmer-rickmers.de. Rickmer Rickmers €4. Daily 10-6. U-bahn: Landungsbrücken (U-bahn).
Cap San Diego. Close to the Rickmer Rickmers sits the Cap San Diego, a seaworthy museum and hotel. Before it docked at Hamburg permanently, it regularly sailed to South America. Überseebrücke, 20459. 040/364-209. www.capsandiego.de. Cap San Diego €7. Daily 10-6. U-bahn: Landungsbrücken U-bahn.
- Address: Bei den St. Pauli Landungsbrücken, St. Pauli, Hamburg, 20359
- Phone: 040/3005-1300
- U-bahn: Landungsbrücken (U-bahn).
- Location: St. Pauli and the Reeperbahn
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Hamburg this May Fr $286+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Hamburg this May Fr $74+/Nt Save with Expedia, $8/night less
- Hot Deal on a 11 Nt Cruise! MSC Cruises Fr $1,499 Expedia
- Book in Hamburg: Save at the Aachener Hof in May Fr $202+/Nt — $202 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Journey on Cunard Line to Hamburg: 11 Nts Fr $2,698 — $2,698 Expedia
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
We just returned from a relatively quick eight-day holiday break to Berlin, Dresden and Prague and are trying to get going on a trip report while things are still fresh in mind.
I’ve Read more
I've been daydreaming about Germany, and am trying to come up with a 3-4 day itinerary for a way future summer trip to the Rhine River region, assuming all public transportation (no car rental)
Day 1: Read more
· News & Features
This new museum and family research center tells the fascinating story of German emigration to the United... Read more
If you’re considering a European getaway to a city where biking everywhere is the norm, digging... Read more