Nightlife & the Arts in Hamburg
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The arts flourish in this cosmopolitan city. Hamburg's ballet company is one of the finest in Europe, and the Hamburger Ballett-Tage, its annual festival, brings the best from around the world to Hamburg.
At the end of September, the city comes alive with film. The Hamburg Film Festival brings the best feature films, documentary, short films and children's movies to theaters around town. About 80% of the films are in English or have English subtitles. For two weeks, thousands of people watch mainstream and quirky films at this cinephile's dream.
Information on all major events are available on the Hamburg Tourism Office Web site. The best way to order tickets for all major Hamburg theaters, musicals, and most cultural events is through the Hamburg-Hotline (040/3005-1300).
Browse Hamburg Nightlife
Browse Hamburg Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line