Nightlife & the Arts in Hamburg
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The arts flourish in this cosmopolitan city. Hamburg's ballet company is one of the finest in Europe, and the Hamburger Ballett-Tage, its annual festival, brings the best from around the world to Hamburg.
At the end of September, the city comes alive with film. The Hamburg Film Festival brings the best feature films, documentary, short films and children's movies to theaters around town. About 80% of the films are in English or have English subtitles. For two weeks, thousands of people watch mainstream and quirky films at this cinephile's dream.
Information on all major events are available on the Hamburg Tourism Office Web site. The best way to order tickets for all major Hamburg theaters, musicals, and most cultural events is through the Hamburg-Hotline (040/3005-1300).
Browse Hamburg Nightlife
Browse Hamburg Nightlife By Location
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe