- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Alster cruises: Marvel at the diversity of villas gracing the shores of the Alster lakes, relax and sip glühwein (warm, mulled wine) while listening to the major and minor details about the city.
Historic harbor district: Travel back in time and walk the quaint cobblestone alleys around Deichstrasse and the Kontorhausviertel.
Hamburger Kunsthalle and the Deichtorhallen: Spend an afternoon browsing through the fantastic art collections at two of Germany's leading galleries of modern art.
Retail therapy: Indulge your inner shopper as you weave your way through the streets behind the elegant Jungfernstieg, move up and down Mönckebergstrasse, stroll through Eppendorf and Schanzeviertel and end the afternoon at a charming Downtown café.
Sin City: Stroll down Reeperbahn, browse in the quirky sex shops, and dive into the bizarre nightlife of Europe's biggest party district.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line