Atop the skyscraper that houses the Helaba Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen, this popular cocktail bar and high-end restaurant captures an unbeatable view. Through 25-foot floor-to-ceiling windows, you can take in all of "Mainhattan." The cuisine is part global, part regional. Dinner is a three- or five-course affair starting at €65 per person, not counting drinks or the €4.50 fee for the elevator. There's also a lounge for drinks and snacks, with a €37 minimum.
- Address: Neue Mainzerstr. 52–58, City Center, Frankfurt, 60311 | Map It
- Phone: 069/3650–4770
- Website: www.maintower-restaurant.de
- Subway: Alte Oper (U-Bahn), oder (S-Bahn) Taunusanlage
- Location: City Center
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
3 days spent in Berlin before starting Germany tour . . . trip report has pictures but they don't seem to copy and paste into the repo... Read more
During May, my husband and I went to Germany and Switzerland for our 5th wedding anniversary. We left on 5/14 and flew home on 5/23. ... Read more