Nightlife & the Arts in Frankfurt
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Sachsenhausen (Frankfurt's "Left Bank") is a good place to start for bars, clubs, and Apfelwein taverns. The ever-more-fashionable Nordend has an almost equal number of bars and clubs but fewer tourists. Frankfurt was a real pioneer in the German jazz scene, and also has done much for the development of techno music. Jazz musicians make the rounds from smoky backstreet cafés all the way to the Old Opera House, and the local broadcaster Hessischer Rundfunk sponsors the German Jazz Festival in fall. The Frankfurter Jazzkeller has been the most noted venue for German jazz fans for decades.
Most bars close between 2 am and 4 am. Most dance and nightclubs charge entrance fees ranging from €5 to €20. In addition, some trendy nightclubs, such as King Kamehameha, enforce dress codes—usually no jeans, sneakers, or khaki pants admitted.
Browse Frankfurt Nightlife
Browse Frankfurt Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- German Holidays! Flights to Frankfurt From 565 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- $86 & Up: Sophien- 3-Star Hotel in Frankfurt Expedia
- Frankfurt Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Admiral Fr $84+/Nt Save with Expedia, $32/night less
- Frankfurt 3.5-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1031 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 6 Nt Cruise! Viking River Cruises Fr $1,648 Expedia