- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Höchst, a town with a castle and an Altstadt (Old Town) right out of a picture book, is now part of Frankfurt. It wasn't devastated by wartime bombing, so its castle and the market square, with its half-timber houses, are well preserved. It's a romantic place for outdoor dining and drinking. For a week in July the whole Alstadt is hung with lanterns for the Schlossfest, one of Frankfurt's more popular outdoor festivals.
Höchst at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's