- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Sachsenhausen: Frankfurt's "South Bank"—with gourmet restaurants, fast food joints, live music establishments, and bars—is one big outdoor party in summer.
Paleontology paradise: Beyond a huge dinosaur skeleton, the Senckenberg Natural History Museum has exhibits of many other extinct animals and plants, plus dioramas of animals in their habitat.
Enjoy the outdoors: The parks and riverbanks are popular with locals and tourists for strolls, sunbathing, and picnics.
Get some wheels: Hop on and tour the city sites from your rented bike; you'll be in good company alongside locals.
Exotic experience: Go to the Frankfurt Zoo's exotarium where coral, fish, snakes, alligators, amphibians, insects, and spiders are on display.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe