- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Wagner Festival Review
Opera lovers swear that there are few more intense operatic experiences than the annual Wagner Festival in Bayreuth, held July and August. You'll do best if you plan your visit several years in advance. It is nearly impossible to find a hotel room during the festival: try finding a room in Kronach instead of Bayreuth.
Bayreuther Festspiele Kartenbüro. For tickets to the Wagner Festival, write to the Bayreuther Festspiele Kartenbüro by the middle of October the year before, at the latest. Be warned: The waiting list is years long, and they only offer tickets by mail or online and will ignore any other inquiries. 0921/78780. www.bayreuther-festspiele.de.
- Address: Bayreuth
- Location: Bayreuth
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
I attended the opening of the Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt yesterday evening. Read more
Is it customary to leave a gratuity for the chambermaids in Europe? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more