Franconia and the German Danube Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Bamberg's Altstadt: This one isn't just for the tourists. Bamberg may be a UNESCO World Heritage Site, but it's also a vibrant town living very much in the present.
Vierzehnheiligen: Just north of Bamberg, this church's swirling rococo decoration earned it the nickname "God's Ballroom."
Nürnberg's Kaiserburg: Holy Roman emperors once resided in the vast complex of this imperial castle, which has fabulous views over the entire city.
Steinerne Brücke in Regensburg: This 12th-century Stone Bridge was considered an amazing feat of engineering in its time.
An organ concert in Passau: You can listen to the mighty sound the 17,774 pipes of Dom St. Stephan's organ create at weekday concerts.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe