- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Major airlines will continue to serve western Berlin's Tegel Airport (TXL) after a first stop at a major European hub (such as Frankfurt or London) until some time in 2012, when eastern Berlin's Schönefeld Airport, about 24 km (15 mi) outside the center, will have been expanded into BBI "Willy Brandt"—the international airport of the capital region. Currently, Schönefeld is mostly used by charter and low-budget airlines. Massive Tempelhof Airport, an example of fascist architecture, is closed and has been transformed into a public park and event space. The two working Berlin airports share a central phone number.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe