When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
When to Go
Berlin has a moderate, continental climate. However, due to its unprotected location in the northeastern lowlands of Germany, easterly winds often bring surprisingly harsh weather and storms in fall and winter. The perfect time to visit is May to early September, when temperatures usually hover around 70° to 80°F. Late July and early August, however, can be sizzling hot. Many open-air events are staged in summer, when the surprisingly green city is at its most beautiful. October and November can be overcast and rainy, but the city still sees its fair share of crisp blue autumn skies. Avoid the long winter months: despite the many cultural events, perpetually gray skies are marked by sleet, icy rain, strong winds, and freezing temperatures.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe