- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Propeller Island City Lodge
At a Glance
- individually designed rooms
- personal and friendly atmosphere
- quiet location on Ku'damm side street
- designer art rooms can be overwhelming
- few amenities
- slow service
Check Rates from our Partners
Propeller Island City Lodge Review
At this wildly eccentric accommodation, you can choose from 27 Wonderlands, each with one-of-a-kind design by multitalented artist Lars Stroschen. Theatrical settings such as the Upside Down and Flying Bed rooms predominate, but there are tamer abodes, like the monastic Orange and Temple rooms. This creative getaway serves breakfast (€7), but is not service-oriented; reception is open 8 am–noon only. The location is near the far western end of Ku'damm, but the subway station is only a short walk away.
- Address: Albrecht-Achilles-Str. 58, Charlottenburg, Berlin, 10709 | Map It
- Phone: 030/891–9016 8 am–noon; 0163/256–5909 noon–8 pm, general info/inquiries
- Website: www.propeller-island.de
- Metro Adenauerplatz (U-bahn).
- Location: Charlottenburg
- 25 rooms, 20 with bath; 2 suites.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Our 40th Anniversary Trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 3, Trains
We used the Deutche Bahn (DB) rail system throughout our vacation. Read more
We will be arriving from USA at 9:30 am on a Wednesday. Read more
· News & Features
Berlin's ubercool aesthetic extends from its art scene, culture, architecture, and nightlife into its ... Read more
Berlin's new Brandenburg Airport has become an embarrassment for the city, and for Germany as a whole,... Read more
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique... Read more