- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Affordability: Of western and northern Europe's capitals, Berlin is by far the best bargain. Most museum prices remain less than €10, and hotel rooms and entertainment are relatively inexpensive.
Long, creative nights: The only European city without official closing hours, Berlin's young artists keep coming up with installations, performance events, and parties to keep you up all night.
Museum Island: The architectural monuments and art treasures here will take you from an ancient Greek altar to Egyptian busts and a Roman market town to 18th-century Berlin and back in a day.
The Reichstag's cupola: Reserve a coveted spot on a tour of Berlin's seat of parliament to admire the spectacular glass cupola, and to enjoy great views of central Berlin.
Trace history's path: The division of Berlin was an anomaly in urban history. Follow the cobblestone markers that remember the Wall's path.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Germany for Less! Flights to Berlin From 545 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Small budget: Book Regent Berlin 3 Nts in May Fr $735+/Nt Save with Expedia, $440/night less
- Berlin Savings! Book at TOP CityLine Domicil Fr $108+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- 4-Star Berlin Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $913 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 9 Nt Cruise! Viking River Cruises Fr $2,706 Expedia