- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Berlin
Affordability: Of western and northern Europe's capitals, Berlin is by far the best bargain. Most museum prices remain less than €10, and hotel rooms and entertainment are relatively inexpensive.
Long, creative nights: The only European city without official closing hours, Berlin's young artists keep coming up with installations, performance events, and parties to keep you up all night.
Museum Island: The architectural monuments and art treasures here will take you from an ancient Greek altar to Egyptian busts and a Roman market town to 18th-century Berlin and back in a day.
The Reichstag's cupola: Reserve a coveted spot on a tour of Berlin's seat of parliament to admire the spectacular glass cupola, and to enjoy great views of central Berlin.
Trace history's path: The division of Berlin was an anomaly in urban history. Follow the cobblestone markers that remember the Wall's path.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe