Berlin's Hot Spots, Day and Night
Here’s a quick list of the city’s best streets and squares.
Savignyplatz in Charlottenburg: Great restaurants and shopping.
Ludwigkirchplatz in Wilmersdorf: Charming cafés surrounding a beautiful church.
Nollendorfplatz and Winterfeldplatz in Schöneberg: The cultural centers of Schöneberg; the latter hosts a fab weekly market.
Oranienstrasse and Wiener Strasse as well as both riverbanks of the Spree in Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain to Treptow: The former is the lively center of Turkish Kreuzberg; the banks of the Spree have a number of large clubs in industrial spaces.
Hackescher Markt and Oranienburgerstrasse as well as surrounding side streets in Mitte-Scheunenviertel: The center of historical and cultural Berlin, with the most mainstream and popular nightlife.
Kastanienallee and Helmholzplatz in Prenzlauer Berg: A widely trafficked street and square in Berlin, full of both young expats and local families.
Boxhagenerplatz and Boxhagener Strasse in Friedrichshain: Home to a weekly flea market, a busy area both day and night with cafés, bars, and restaurants.
Hermannplatz in Neukölln: The jumping off point for a night out in one of Berlin’s newly hip districts.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's