The time difference between New York and Paris is six hours (so when it's 1 pm in New York, it's 7 pm in Paris). France, like the rest of Europe, uses the 24-hour clock, which means that after noon you continue counting forward: 13h00 is 1 pm, 22h30 is 10:30 pm. The European format for abbreviating dates is day/month/year, so 7/5/13 means May 7, not July 5.
Timeanddate.com. Timeanddate.com, The World Clock, can help you figure out the correct time anywhere in the world. www.timeanddate.com/worldclock.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's