In Paris and larger cities, store hours are generally 10 am to 7:30 pm; smaller shops may open later. Elsewhere, expect stores to close in the afternoon, usually 2-4. Museums are closed one day a week, often Tuesday. As a general rule, shops close on Sunday, though many food stores are open in the morning.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe