- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
El Taller Review
Run by four entrepreneurial friends in the small village of Taurinya (just down the road from the famous Abbaye de St-Michel de Cuxa), this hip bistro serves fine locally sourced fare. Like the food, the setting is modern and stylish: its sleek glass-walled building and steel-framed terrace were constructed by the village specifically to house this Bistrot de Pays (a government-subsidized network of village restaurants promoting commerce in rural areas). The contemporary air of the place, complete with art exhibits, concerts, and theater nights, makes El Taller a popular out-of-the-way gathering place for locals and travelers.
- Address: 5 km (3 miles) south of Prades Taurinya, Prades, 6650
- Phone: 04–68–05–63–35
- Location: Prades
- Closed Wed. and Jan. 9–22.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
My sister and myself fairly well traveled in Europe, want to spend about 2 weeks in SanSebastian Basque country June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new ... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more