- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) has a daily flight from London and Brussels to Perpignan. The airport has navettes (shuttles) from the train station (At end of Av. du Général de Gaulle) an hour before each takeoff. The TGV from Paris takes about six hours for about €95. The bus station is on Boulevard St. Assicle next to the TGV station. Although this is an important train hub, it shares these honors with Narbonne, found some 64 km (40 miles) north. Narbonne's train station is on Boulevard Frédéric Mistral, north of the city center and adjacent to the Gare Routière (bus station) on Avenue Carnot. Via train, it takes nearly an hour to get from Perpignan and Montpellier and 1½ hours from Toulouse. There are plenty of connections: about 20 a day to Perpignan, as well as many others along the coast to the north and south. If you're coming from Paris on the TGV (www.tgv.com) to Perpignan, and then on the regular train to Narbonne, it'll cost you about €110 one-way.
Perpignan Tourist Office (Pl. Armand Lanoux, Perpignan, 66002. 04–68–66–30–30. www.perpignantourisme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's