- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
About 18 trains daily (1 hr, €15) run between Toulouse and Albi's main station on Place Stalingrad (in a somewhat isolated part of town). In summer months, you can catch infrequent buses to adjoining towns, including Cordes-sur-Ciel (1 hr) from the bus station on Place Jean Jaurès.
Pick up a copy of the excellent visitor booklet (in English) from the tourist office, and follow the walking tours—of the Vieille Ville (Old City), the old ramparts, and the banks of the River Tarn.
Albi Tourist Office (Pl. Ste-Cecile, Albi, 81000. 05–63–36–36–00. www.albi-tourisme.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's