- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Loire Valley, which pretty much splits France in two, has been much traversed down the ages, once by Santiago pilgrims, now by Bordeaux-bound TGV trains. It retains a backwater feel that mirrors the river's sluggish, meandering waters, although trade along the river gave rise to major towns along its banks: Angers, Saumur, Blois, Orléans. Tours remains the gateway to the region, not only for its central position but because the TGV links it with Paris in little more than an hour. Angers is at the west end of the Loire Valley, and Orléans is the eastern gateway—both are also well-connected with Paris by train.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's