- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The handful of direct TGV trains from Paris (Gare Montparnasse) to Tours each day cover the 150 miles in 70 minutes; fare is €45–€59 depending on time of day. Some trains involve a change in suburban St-Pierre-des-Corps. A cheaper, slower alternative is the twice-daily traditional (non-TGV) service from Gare d'Austerlitz that takes around 2 hours, 30 minutes but costs only €34. Tours is the Loire Valley rail hub. Trains leave every couple of hours or so for Chinon (50 mins, €9); Langeais (15 mins, €5.20); Amboise (20 mins, €5.20); Saumur (40 mins, €11.70); Chenonceaux (30 mins, €6.40); and Blois (30–40 mins, €10.20), in addition to other towns.
Tours Tourist Office. Tours Tourist Office 78 rue Bernard-Palissy, Tours, 37042. 02–47–70–37–37. www.ligeris.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe