Sights & Attractions in The Loire Valley
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Loire Valley
Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud
Founded in 1101, the Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud (Royal Abbey)...
The most beautiful castle in France is first glimpsed as you...
|Castles / Palaces||Ussé-Rigny|
Château de Candé
When Edward VIII of England abdicated his throne in 1937 to marry...
|Castles / Palaces||Tours|
Château de Chenonceau
Achingly beautiful, the Château de Chenonceau has long been considered...
|Castles / Palaces||Chenonceaux|
Château de Villandry
Green-thumbers get weak in the knees at the mere mention of the...
|Castles / Palaces||Villandry|
Just across the square from the cathedral is the Hôtel Groslot...
|Museums / Galleries||Orléans|
North from the Basilique St-Martin to the river is Le Vieux Tours,...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's