The Loire Valley Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The Loire Valley Hotel Reviews
Even before the age of the railway, the Loire Valley drew vacationers from far afield, so there are hundreds of hotels of all types. At the higher end are sumptuous, stylishly converted châteaux, but even these are not as pricey as you might think. Note that most of these are in small villages, and that upscale hotels are in short supply in the major towns. At the lower end is a wide choice of gîtes, bed-and-breakfasts, and small, traditional inns in towns, usually offering terrific value for the money. The Loire Valley is a popular destination, so make reservations well in advance—in July and August, this is essential (and we're talking weeks in advance, not days).
Beware that from November through Easter, many properties are closed.
Browse The Loire Valley Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's