- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Amboise has frequent train connections with Tours (20 mins, €5.70), Blois (24 mins, €6.60), and many other towns that lie along the main train route, which follows the banks of the river; about 10 trains a day make the Tours–Blois transit. From Amboise's station, the town is across the Loire (the island in the middle of the river is the less-than-exciting Ile d'Or); follow the signs across two bridges to the centre ville and Place Richelieu.
Amboise Tourist Office (Quai du Général-de-Gaulle, Amboise, 37400. 02–47–57–09–28. www.amboise-valdeloire.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's