- Step into a fairy tale at Sleeping Beauty's castle Play once-upon-a-time at Ussé—gleaming white against an emerald forest backcloth, it's so beautiful it inspired Perrault's immortal tale.
- Marvel at mighty Chambord The world's most impressive rooftop, with a forest of chimneys to match the game-rich woodlands extending in all directions, marks the Loire's grandest château.
- Find splendor in the grass at Villandry The Renaissance reblooms in these geometric gardens that have been lovingly restored to floricultural magnificence.
- Indulge in a bit of romance at Chenonceau Half bridge, half pleasure palace, this epitome of picturesque France extends across the Cher River, so why not row a boat under its arches?
- Revel in medieval magic at Fontevraud The majestic abbey is the resting place of English kings... and a queen.
Want to stay at the finest properties when you travel? Check out our annual list of the 100 best hotels in the world.More