- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
La Vieille Ville, the historic part of Vence, is encased behind stone walls inside a thriving modern market town and dates from the 15th century. Though crowded with boutiques and souvenir shops, the Old Town is conscious of its history—plaques guide you through historic squares and portes (gates).
Vence at a Glance
Elsewhere in The French Riviera
- Cap d'Antibes
- Iles de Lérins
- Mandelieu-La Napoule
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's