- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Bus Tours: Santa Azur (11 av. Jean-Médecin 04–97–03–60–00) organizes all-day bus excursions to sights near Nice, including Monaco, Cannes, and nearby hill towns, either leaving from its offices or from several stops along the Promenade des Anglais, mainly in front of the big hotels. In Antibes, Phocéens Voyages (8 pl. de Gaulle 04–93–34–15–98) organizes similar bus explorations of the region.
Bike Tours: For a fun and active way to discover the region, take a guided bike tour from Nice Promenade to Antibes, Monaco, and beyond. Departing from Hi Beach, near the Hotel Negresco on the Promenade in Nice, the female-run Cycle Côte d'Azur (www.cyclecotedazur.com) gives tours on two-wheels for all ages, all levels (easy, medium, and difficult), from €45 a day per person (plus bike rental, in some cases). It's an exceptional way to take in the views of the pays-arrière—the backcountry—in the hills behind Nice, and the temperatures are pleasantly cooler in the summer months.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe