- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
The best way to explore the secondary sights in this region is by car. A car also allows you the freedom to zip along A8 between the coastal resorts and to enjoy the views from the three corniches that trace the coast from Nice to the Italian border. N98, which connects to coastal resorts in between, can be slow, though scenic. A8 parallels the coast from above St-Tropez to Nice to the resorts on the Grand Corniche; N98 follows the coast more closely. From Paris the main southbound artery is A6/A7, known as the Autoroute du Soleil; it passes through Provence and joins the eastbound A8 at Aix-en-Provence. The website www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr compares gas prices across the country to help you find the cheapest stations where you can fill up.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's