- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Considering the congestion on the road to St-Tropez, the best way to get to that resort is to take the train to St-Raphaël, then hop on one of the two to four boats each day (April–November) that leave from Gare Maritime de St-Raphaël on Rue Pierre-Aublé. The trip takes an hour (€14 and cash only; 04–94–95–17–46). Les Bateaux Verts (Quai L.-Condroyer, 83120 Ste-Maxime 04–94–49–83–39) also offers a shuttle boat linking St-Tropez and Ste-Maxime (April–October) and the ride is 15 minutes (€7). Navette Bateau also offer shuttles (€5; www.navette-bateau.com). Once in St-Tropez, do the one-hour boat ride tour offered by Bateau Brigantin of the Baie des Cannebiers (nicknamed the "Bay of Stars") to see some celebrity villas. Boats depart from Quai Suffren in the port (www.lebrigantin.com).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's