- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Every month of the year there's a festival somewhere on the Riviera, catering to all manner of tastes and pastimes. The queen of all festivals is of course the International Film Festival in Cannes, where all the stars of today and yesterday play for 10 jam-packed days in May, but there's every other type of festival imaginable, too. To give you a small taste: in May there's the Monaco Grand Prix; in June there's the Advertising festival in Cannes, as well as both the Nice and Juan-les-Pins Jazz festivals; in July, the lavender festivals; in August, the fireworks festivals; in February, the Fête du Citron (Citrus festival) in Menton, and Carnival in Nice. Check with the local tourism office to see what's happening during your stay. Tickets can be bought at local tourist offices, FNAC branches (www.fnac.com), or through agencies like France Billet (08–92–69–26–94 www.francebillet.com) or Ticketnet (08–92–39–01–00 www.ticketnet.fr).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe