- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
You can only get to St-Trop by car, bus, or boat (from nearby ports like St-Raphaël). If you decide to drive, take the N98 coast road (the longest route but also the prettiest, with great picnic stops along the way). Note that the Parking du Port parking lot (opposite the bus station on Avenue du Général de Gaulle, with shuttle bus into town mid-March to October) and the Parc des Lices (beneath the Place des Lices) in the center of town are a staggering €5 an hour in peak season. A train-bus connection can be made from Nice; the train runs to St-Raphaël, where you can take the VarLib bus No. 7601 on to St-Tropez (€2). Total travel time is 1½ hours but it only runs three times a day in the summer, and at inconvenient hours. The other option is to take a boat from the Nice harbor with Trans Côte d'Azur (04–92–00–42–30 www.trans-cote-azur.com), which has daily trips from June to September.
St-Tropez Tourist Office (Quai Jean-Jaurès, BP 183, St-Tropez, 83992. 04–94–97–45–21. www.ot-saint-tropez.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's