- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Cap Estel Review
For over 50 years celebs have holidayed and dined at Cap Estel along Eze's bord de mer. On a private 2-hectare peninsula with all-encompassing views of the Med, it's no wonder. And now that chef Patrick Raingeard, whose produce comes directly from the hotel's garden, has added a 2013 Michelin Star to his table, food in France can't get any better than this. Start with the asparagus salad with creamed cauliflower and wild truffles (€35), followed by the Charolais beef filet à la Parillada in a "Los Lobos" red wine sauce served with a potato and truffle cake (€39), and finish it all off with a banana soufflé. Vegetarian options also available; reservations necessary.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Advantages and Disadvantages please and comparison in all areas for six month holiday rental??? Feb to July. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more