- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Girelier Review
Fish, fish, and more fish—sea bass, salmon, sole, sardines, monkfish, lobster, crayfish: They're painted on the walls, sizzle on the grill, fill the boats that pull into the Old Port, and find their way into the hands of chefs David Didelot and Laurent Simon, who've earned two Michelin fourchettes. A buffed and bronzed clientele enjoy the casual sea-shanty atmosphere and highly visible Vieux Port terrace tables. Grilling (with a little thyme and perhaps a whisper of olive oil and garlic) is the order of the day here, with most fish sold by weight (beware the check), but this is also a stronghold for bouillabaisse. There's beef on the menu, too. The set menu is one of the best bargains in town.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Advantages and Disadvantages please and comparison in all areas for six month holiday rental??? Feb to July. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more