- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Commune Libre du Safranier (Free Commune of Safranier)
Commune Libre du Safranier (Free Commune of Safranier) Review
A few blocks south of the Château Grimaldi is the Commune Libre du Safranier, a magical little neighborhood with a character (and mayor) all its own even though it's technically part of Antibes. Not far off the seaside promenade, the Rue de la Touraque is the main street to get here, and you can amble around the Place du Safranier, where tiny houses hang heavy with flowers and vines, and neighbors carry on conversations from window to window across the stone-stepped Rue du Bas-Castelet. Said to have once been a tiny fishing port, it's now is the scene of festivals and quotes of Zobra the Greek, who lived here, including his "I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free."
- Address: Rue du Safranier, Rue du Bas-Castelet, Antibes, 06600
- Location: Antibes
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I recently came across a website that seems to offer a lot for the visitor to France. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more