- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
A culinary landmark with two Michelin stars, this Gothic villa by the sea is home to Stéphane Raimbault—a master of Provençal cuisine who creates unexpected flavor collisions (think medallions of roasted blue lobster in a risotto of spaghetti à la Puttanesca or hazelnut venison with a pepper sauce and blueberries). A meal is accented with attentive service plus lots of extras in between courses; and few can quibble with the beauty of the famous garden terrace shadowed by gorgeous palm trees. The €98 menu shouldn't be dismissed. Le Bistro, upstairs, has earned a Michelin BIB designation for "good food at moderate prices" and offers excellent set menus Tuesday to Saturday for both lunch and dinner. Did we mention the cigar collection?
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Advantages and Disadvantages please and comparison in all areas for six month holiday rental??? Feb to July. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more