In the late 1940s Picasso settled here in a simple stone house, creating pottery art from the malleable soil with a single-minded passion. But he returned to painting in 1952 to create one of his masterworks in the château's Romanesque chapel, the vast multipanel oil-on-wood composition called La Guerre et la Paix (War and Peace). The chapel is part of the Musée National Picasso today, where several of Picasso's ceramic pieces are displayed.
Pl. de la Libération, Vallauris, 06220, France