Musée Renoir Review
After staying up and down the coast, Auguste Renoir (1841–1919) settled into a house in Les Collettes, just east of the Vieille Ville, which is now the Musée Renoir. He passed the last 12 years of his life here, painting the landscape around him, working in bronze, and rolling his wheelchair through the luxuriant garden tiered with roses, citrus groves, and some of the most spectacular olive trees along the coast. You can view this sweet and melancholic villa as it has been preserved by Renoir's children, and admire 11 of his last paintings. In July 2013, after an 18-month renovation, the museum opened to public view the kitchen and rooms by the garden, which include a set of 17 plaster sculptures donated by Renoir and Guion families, as well as two additional original paintings. Although up a steep hill, Les Collettes is walkable from Place du Général-du-Gaulle in central Cagnes-Ville.
View deals in The French Riviera for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More